Friday, August 23, 2013

Textron is Awesome!!!!

           For the past three years Textron has held a school supply drive. My school is the beneficiaries of that school drive. They come to our campus with a trailer stuffed full of boxes of every kind of school supply a teacher could want. All the teachers and several Textron employees cart box after box of school supplies into the school. This year we put them on our stage until we can get them to a more suitable storage location. We had box after box of composition books, spirals, folders (several boxes of the really nice plastic folders with brads), pencils, colored pencils, crayons, markers, erasers, scissors, rulers, glue sticks, bottles of glue, and Kleenex boxes. It was just amazing how much there was. We ended up completely filling the stage. Every teacher got to go through and get what they wanted, and we barely made a dent. We have enough school supplies to last the entire year.
      We are so completely blessed that Textron has choosen us to receive this amazing gift each year. I hope they understand how grateful and thankful our entire school is for their generosity.
I marked out all my colleague's faces because I didn't ask any of them if I could take their picture or post it o here. You can see how full our stage is. 

Here is a shot that shows how it goes from side to side. Lots of boxes are stacked two or three high.

I will not be in my room again until the kids show up. I think everything is ready. If it is not, its not going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment