Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 1

Day 1 in my classroom was actually on Monday, but I've been busy trying to fit in as much last minute summer fun as well as last minute summer chores (dentist appointments for both girls) as I can. I always love getting back into my room at the beginning of year, but I also am always filled with a little fear until I walk through the door. Some years I have come back to a wonderfully cleaned room. Some years (last year especially) I have come back to a room of chaos and missing items. One year I even came back to a room that had not been cleaned yet. I was so lucky and so happy to see that this was one of the best years yet. I walked into a sparkling clean room. Not only that but the wonderful custodians who cleaned my room had but the big furniture back in almost the right spots. I only had to move the big things a few inches to have them exactly right. Everything on my shelves was just as I had left it, so I was able to get my room back in shape pretty quickly. Everything is starting out so well. This can only mean that I am going to have a wonderful year, right? I hope so!

Before Shots
Such a blank slate.

Tables and filing cabinet just about where I left them. Thank you custodians for saving my and my floors from having to move them.

Nice and shiny :)

Decided to turn my desk this to give more walking room.

Trying a new desk arrangement. Usually I do groups, but I want to foster more whole group class discussions. What looks like an empty space in the back is where I need two more student desks. I only have 20 and I will have 22 students this year. 

Library area all organized.

Day 2 and Day 3 coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment