Monday, September 2, 2013

First Week of School and Labor Day Weekend

First Week of School
I managed to make it through the first week of school. I am trying to stay really positive, but it was a really rough week. I have a morning class and an afternoon class. My morning class I have for 3 hours and my afternoon class I have for 2 hours. This made it really hard to get to know my afternoon class, and while I got to know my morning class I didn't really feel like I had bonded with them like I usually do. Luckily, during a spontaneous moment on Friday, I felt like my morning class and I bonded. I could feel things turning around and feel more like it is supposed to. And, I think I finally know all the kids names in the afternoon class. I am hoping that bonding moment will happen with them this next week, and all will be right with the world. If not, the next week after that my classes switch (my morning class comes in the afternoon and my afternoon class comes in the morning). Then I will have the extra time the other class and that should help.  (My teaching partner and I will switch which class goes to who first based on the writing units. I teach in English and he teaches in Spanish, so the classes switch so they get equal English and Spanish writing time.)
Labor Day Weekend
I still have half a day left of my Labor Day Weekend, but it has been a really good one.
Friday night was a normal Friday. My oldest had gymnastics, then we went out to dinner with my parents. We do this every Friday night. We take turns picking where we go. This was our weekend and we picked Jason's Deli. I love their salad bar and broccoli cheese soup. Saturday was the TCU/LSU game at Cowboy's Stadium. We may have lost, but we had a really good time at the game. We got to see Casey Pachall come back as quarterback. We got to see a 100 yard kick off return. We got to see the teams leave the field for half-time only to have the refs change their minds and decide that it wasn't half time yet and let LSU kick a field goal :( We got to find out that not all LSU fans are rude. The couple sitting next to us was really nice. And we got to see a 2 or 3 year old LSU fan trying to convert to a frog fan. The camera put him up on the jumbo screen. He is all decked out in LSU gear, but he is making the horned frog hand sign. You could see his parents in the background trying to stop him. It was so cute.

Many other things made my weekend good, but I think I have written enough. I am going to go enjoy the last half day of my three day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment