Sunday, September 8, 2013

What's up at school?

The second week was better that the first, and the third week is shaping up to be even better. I am beginning to figure out the schedule. My district has changed the framework that I follow for curriculum. In reading, I now teach in one week what I taught last year in two weeks. While I am told what to teach and when, I get to decide how I want to teach it. I think I have now figured out a schedule for reading that will fit in the most important things and not make me go crazy. My favorite part is on Thursday when I use my Review the Room reading skills that I have on my TpT store http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Jennifer-Hollingsworth-5705 . I am working to add one for every Reading Street unit.

I teach in a Dual Language Enrichment program. One of the important components to it is the use of partners. Some years it seems like torture to get the kids to work with partners. Some students are very territorials and like to have MY paper and MY manipulatives and I control them on MY desk and YOU stay over there. When I give only enough manipultives for them to use as a partnership rather than individuals they sometimes don't seem to understand that if they shared they would have enough. Luckily this year the partnerships seem to be working out really well. Here is a pic of my wonderful students playing a game where they had to share cards and even share a piece of paper. Look at that partner work. That makes this teacher smile. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment