Friday, March 14, 2014

Paper Craft Club

We got to have have several meetings of out Paper Craft Club before we had to shut down and getting ready for state testing. Testing will be over in a few weeks and we will start another round of clubs. I already have several ideas pinned for spring paper crafts. 

Here are some of the crafts we made. 
My partner read the story Snowballs while I set out the supplies. The students were so creative in the way they decorated their snowman/snowgirl/snowhorse.






This time around my partner read animal poems then the students created animal faces. 


I've spent a lot of time searching paper crafts on Pinterest looking for cute, easy, and quick crafts that a group of 30 second and third graders can finish in 30-40 minutes. I came across this pirate and it was perfect. A quick pirate story and the children were off creating paper plate pirates. Their favorite part? The binder ring earring. 





 I was out on one of the days when they made penguins.
The club was a lot of fun. It was amazing to see how creative the students could be when given so much freedom on how they wanted to do something. No right or wrong answer or grading rubric, just freedom to complete the project the way they wanted. Most of the time they exceeded my expectations. I can't wait for the next group of students to start crafting.



No comments:

Post a Comment