Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Yonanas! Frozen Banana Ice Cream

Tonight we tried something new. Several months ago I saw on Pinterest a way to make ice cream out of frozen bananas. My husband and I made it mixed with chopped up peanut butter cups for our Sunday Night Dinner (when my family comes over for dinner). My sister-in-law was thinking about this when she bought my birthday present a few weeks later. She found a machine called Yonanas that makes ice cream out of frozen fruit. I put it up, planning to use this summer. Well, tonight was the night. We made delicious ice cream completely out of frozen fruit.
Here we have everything ready to make mixed berry banana ice cream.
Doesn't that look yummy and healthy?
Here it is starting to come out.

This is the mixed berry.

I prefer pineapple to frozen berries, so this is mine. 

This could not have been easier. A few days ago we bought some frozen fruit and the bananas and threw them in the freezer. Tonight all we had to do was turn the machine on, put the fruit in, and push down on the plunger. Out came the ice cream. A quick rinse in the sink and I was ready for a different flavor. I think I have a new favorite summer treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment