Monday, July 22, 2013

Introducing Sunshine and Giggles In Second Grade

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to finally be doing this. I have been writing blog posts in my head for months now. Now that it is summer I actually have time to sit down and figure all this stuff out.

First, let me tell you about myself. I am a second grade teacher, mother of two, and wife of an 8th grade teacher. My mother is a retired teacher. As you can see, education is a major part of our life. I thought about having a school blog and a family blog, but the lines are so often blurred I decided to just make one combined blog about our life.

Next, I want to explain the name of this blog and why and I doing it. A few years ago I got a new principal. It was a difficult transition for the whole school, and a very stressful time. A collegue friend of mine and I went to a training. The trainer was a reading coach at a nearby school. She was also having a stressful year. She told us that her motto for the year was sunshine and giggles. We adopted that motto and is a favorite saying of ours. I want this blog to be my opportunity to focus on the sunshine and giggles in my life. I want to focus on the posititives at school because there are so many. I want to record the positives at home because they go by so fast.

So here is the beginning of my blog. I hope it helps all of us to focus on the sunshine and giggles in our life.

Let me leave with some pictures introducing everybody.
These are my girls. Cristina is seven and Victoria is 3. This is at the San Diego zoo this summer. It is an amazing place.

This is the girls looking at the fish tanks at Bass Pro Shop. I love how they each had their own bubble to look in and I could get them both in the same picture.

Following are some pictures of my classroom from this past school year. I love getting the students up and working together.


No comments:

Post a Comment